BDW Business Development Workshop Saturday January 30 9 am
DEAR NEIGHBOUR; Happy New Year to all of you. As you may have already heard, there is a group of Port Alice residents who have organized a Business Development Workshop scheduled for Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 9:00 am.
The invitation is open to all Port Alice residents especially if you are any one or all of the following–
- A Customer, Shopper, or Client of businesses in the village(or elsewhere)
- A person interested in starting a New Business
- A New Business owner/operator or an already Established Business Owner/operator
At this workshop we propose to –
- Review the ECOPLAN Economic Development Project recommendations for development initiatives
- Identify and discuss obstacles and challenges to starting new businesses locally
- Have NEW BUSINESS owner/operators talk about their experience in starting up a new business
- Have B&B owner/ operators talk about and discuss their experience in starting up and running a B&B in NVI
- Have a presentation on the step by step process of Starting up a new business
- Have a presentation about Alternative Business Models that may be viable options in port Alice and NVI
- Have a presentation of material about Tourism strategies and resources as related to Port Alice
As you can see we hope to cover a wide range of relevant topics in order to answer some of the many questions regarding possible NEW BUSINESS INITIATIVES and hope to encourage people to
- Move forward on developing their ideas on NEW Business Start-ups
- Make connections in the community with others interested in Business Start-ups
- Acquire a great deal of relevant information & Identify needs for additional information
|LUNCH – a fundraising lunch is being provided by the LEGION and sponsored by Royal Lepage, with proceeds going to the Legion’s bursary program. RSVP to Susan Mohler a.s.a.p. as there are a limited number of seats available, THANK YOU|
We encourage you to RSVP and register early … Door PRIZES will be awarded for early registrants, volunteers, participants and attendees. Enter the link below to complete a short survey which also includes a dedicated door prize entry https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZWGMDRW
We look forward to seeing you there and hearing from you during our planned workshop discussions.
We are available to answer questions at the contact information provided below.
1220 Marine Drive